Friday, December 11, 2009

Thank God it's....

FRIDAY. I've had a slightly stressful few days. I am currently planning my wedding, which would be fine and dandy if it wasn't for the fact that this is a mixed country, half-destination wedding in Florence (where my fiancè is from and I've been living for the past 6 years), which means a lot of organization, especially considering my family has expensive tastes, yet recession-shallow wallets. Certain family members are making everything extremely confusing, complaining about hotel quality and prices, trying to find other hotels in areas completely inaccessible by car (and thus the other side of the family) and just plain driving me crazy. 


Anyway, I think I've found a solution...I would like everyone to stay in one hotel, preferably one that is easy to get to from outside the city, close to major landmarks and nice for the price. But, I would like to stay in a special hotel, for getting ready and taking pictures and then our wedding night. So I think the solution is if everyone stays at the Grand Hotel Minerva, with rooftop pool (perfect for June weather), and the getting ready/wedding night could be at JK Place, a super chic boutique hotel, perfect for just one special night. Both hotels are in Piazza Santa Maria Novella, which has been recently beautified. All in all, I say this is the best idea so far. Phew.


So, on to more important matters...


I'll probably be DIYing a lot this weekend, making gifts and such. I loved the StyleMePretty post on holiday recipes. Such a fun and easy idea. But since I'm in Italy, I like to go back home with something Italian, so this year I'm decoupaging plates for desk/console/etc. with retro Italian images that I found in old magazines from the thrift shop. But the SMP post gave me the idea of adding a Tuscan winter recipe like this one...


Mario Batali's Pappa al Pomodoro (foodnetwork.com
A thick tomato soup with enough crusty bread mixed in to absorb the liquid and turn into delicious mush. 































photo from realepicurean.com

...or how about Martha's Tiramisu Cookies! YUM!


















Okay now I feel better. Buon weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment