Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy January! Affordable Art and Expensive Shoes...

So...I was a bad blogger this holiday season. I know I should have kept up with the posts, but I was home visiting my family, chilling out, running around doing some wedding stuff, xmas fun and being sick with a cold on New Years Eve. My dad's computer got a virus, which I needed to use since my poor ibook is considered "vintage" (aka unfixable by Mac) and is missing a hard drive(apparently it has exploded or something, luckily I have everything backed up).

So, on my first day online, doing a little catching up and checking out what needs to be checked out, I have stumbled upon Little Paper Planes, an online store of CHEAP original artwork and prints. I am officially obsessed and plan to by something ASAP. Here are some of my faves...



















by janice jong



















by ryan berkeley





















by yumi okuda




Had I finished art school, I may have produced similar work. Alas, I was not that good and so these fine people are helping me furnish my home sans much effort.

Oh and while I was home I got my wedding shoes...












Looks like a pump, feels like a sneaker!

Carrie Bradshaw wasn't kidding...I probably could run in these, they are THAT comfortable.

And PRETTY!

This weekend will be full of unpacking and reorganizing, so see you Monday :)

PS Am loving this post on Design*Sponge!

1 comment:

  1. AHH Bianca! We are wedding shoe twins! They were my last big "single girl splurge" on myself and they were worth every penny :) and very comfy the day of - I wore them from 8am - 11pm and didn't want to take them off.

    ReplyDelete