Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wedding Style - Pale & Bright



So sorry I haven’t posted in a while…I was visiting my family for the holidays and it was a whirlwind of Xmas shopping and wedding shenanigans like my first fitting, bridesmaid dress choosing and invitation ordering!
So this board probably needs an explanation. I’m thinking about how to mix things up for my wedding and using my dress and bridesmaids as obvious influences. I didn’t really have a set color scheme, although I did a want a beigey pink for the maids and soft pinks, taupes and whites. My dress is the one-shouldered style by Romona Keveza (it’s really white) and we switched up the belt with a Swarovski encrusted one that I can’t find a picture of but is similar to the one shown below. I have a head piece, diamond studs and a chapel length veil for the ceremony, but I’m changing into a feathered-flower-sparkly side clip and chandelier earrings for the grand entrance and party time. Shoes are Manolo but we decided on  silver instead of white because it looks good with my jeweled belt and I could wear them again (my mother works at Neiman Marcus. Yes I am very lucky.)
We chose the Two Birds full length dress in Rosewater, not only is it super chic but it’s also amazing for travel and cool for Mediterranean temperatures.
I thought the fuchsia could be a fun pop of color for the cocktail hour/ dessert & dancing area. The floating blooms are pretty for the cocktail tables and a few stems in pretty bottles are great for dressing up the bar without being over the top.
The dining room centerpieces need a whole other board..but suggestions are welcome! I was planning on beige linens, gold-rimmed china and white flowers (was thinking hydrangeas but now with these bouquets I’m a bit lost)…maybe at every place I could put a fuchsia flower to tie it all together? I might have to play around with this one again!
pale & bright revision - bouquets






















click image for larger view and other credits from Style Me Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment